March 4th, 2023
You may be wondering why your child seems to have crowded teeth, or biting the side of their cheeks.
Here are some early signs that you may need to take your child to an orthodontist:
- Early or late loss of baby teeth: If your child loses their baby teeth earlier or later than their peers, this may be a sign that there is a problem with their bite.
- Difficulty biting or chewing: If your child has difficulty biting or chewing, this may be a sign that their teeth are misaligned or that they have a bite problem.
- Mouth breathing: If your child frequently breathes through their mouth, this may be a sign that their teeth are misaligned or that they have a bite problem.
- Crowded or crooked teeth: If your child has crowded or crooked teeth, this may be a sign that they would benefit from orthodontic treatment.
- Misaligned jaw: If your child's jaw appears misaligned or if they have difficulty closing their mouth completely, this may be a sign that they would benefit from orthodontic treatment.
- Thumb sucking: If your child continues to suck their thumb beyond the age of four, this may be a sign that they would benefit from orthodontic treatment.
4 main reasons to visit an Orthodontist
- To straighten teeth: If you or your child has crooked or misaligned teeth, an orthodontist can develop a treatment plan to help straighten the teeth.
2. To correct a bite problem: An orthodontist can help to correct bite problems such as overbite, underbite, and crossbite.
3. To improve oral function: Orthodontic treatment can help to improve oral function by aligning the teeth and jaws properly, which can make it easier to bite and chew
4. To improve the appearance of the teeth: Orthodontic treatment can help to improve the appearance of the teeth by straightening them and correcting any misalignments. This can increase self-confidence and improve overall oral health.
If you notice any of these signs, it is a good idea to have your child evaluated by an orthodontist to determine if they would benefit from treatment. Early intervention can often lead to more effective treatment and better results.
Visiting an orthodontist can help to improve the health and appearance of the teeth and jaws. If you or your child is experiencing any problems with the teeth or jaws, it is a good idea to consult an orthodontist for an evaluation.
Looking for the best kids dentist near the Paterson, Passaic, and Union City areas?
We are here serving Paterson, Passaic, and Hudson NJ, and the surrounding communities, we offer comprehensive oral health services ranging from routine cleanings to emergency treatment. We are committed to creating a warm, welcoming environment to keep all members of the family comfortable in the office.
Passaic ( 973) 574-1000
Union City(201) 325-8444
Dover (973) 891-4015
Find reviews and updates on Facebook, learn more about our practice online, or give us a call.