May 20th, 2020
Facts and Quotes about Smiling!
Smiling gives us so many benefits that may be subtle and unnoticeable.
- It's so much easier to smile than to frown for our muscles.
- It's contagious! When people see others smile, they tend to smile too.
- Smiling actually reduces blood pressure.
- Smiling makes you happier or can change your mood.
- Smiling Boosts Heart Health
- A smile helps with optimism. It's been said that people who smile for optimism tend to have a more positive attitude and strive for success.
- Happiness Adds years to your life.
- Smiling is a universal language. And since smiling is contagious, it doesn't matter what language people speak.
- Smiling can lead to work promotions.
- Smiling while speaking on a telephone makes you sound happier.
- Smiling can attract people to you. It opens up opportunities.
- Smiling can often be a first facial expression when meeting someone.
- It's possible, women smile more than men
- A neurologist of the 19th century, Duchenne de Boulogne ran an experiment to discover how many types of smiles there are. The claim is 19.
- Smiling reduces stress.
- Smiling releases endorphins.
- Smiling helps your life span.
- Happy people tend to not get sick as often as those who are unhappy.
- The current claim to the number of muscles used to smile is 17 out of 43.
- 99.7% of people say a smile is a social asset. These numbers vary.
- 74% of people believe a bad smile hurts careers. These numbers vary.
- 47%of people will notice your smile before anything else. These numbers vary.
- At least half of the people you smile at will smile back. These numbers vary.
- Less than 25% of people think their smile looks best closed.
- Waiters and waitresses tend to be tipped more often because of their inviting smiles.
- The act of smiling activates neural messaging that benefits your health and happiness.
- It's free to smile. You pay nothing.
- People seem to trust you more with a great smile.
- Almost half of the young adults worldwide have untagged themselves from a photo on social media due to their smiles.
- Kids laugh a lot more than adults every day. kids overall, laugh from 300-400 times a day while adults overall may laugh about 15 times a day or less.
- Babies Can Smile Moments After Birth.
Here's some cool smile quotes:
- "Everyone smiles in the same language." - George Carlin
- "You'll find that life is still worthwhile if you just smile." - Charlie Chaplin
- “A simple smile. That’s the start of opening your heart and being compassionate to others. “– Dalai Lama
- "Somehow when you smile, the day seems brighter" - Phil Collins
- "Share your smile with the world. It's the symbol of friendship and peace." - Christie Brinkley
- “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.”– Dr. Seuss
- “I love those who can smile in trouble.”– Leonardo da Vinci
- “The robbed that smile steals something from the thief.”– William Shakespeare
- “A smile is happiness you’ll find right under your nose. “– Tom Wilson
“When things are difficult, smile by faith. Don’t wait until you feel better.”– Joel Osteen
“A smile is the best makeup any girl can wear.”– Marilyn Monroe
- "Smiling is free therapy" - Douglas Horton
- “Smile, smile, smile at your mind as often as possible. Your smiling will considerably reduce your mind’s tearing tension.”– Sri Chinmoy
- “Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been.”– Mark Twain
- “Smile! It increases your face value.”– Robert Harling
- "You're never fully dressed without a smile." - Martin Charnin
- “A smile is a friend maker.”– Bangambiki Habyarimana
- “I wake up every day with a smile on my face.”– Henry Ian Cusick
- “A smile cures the wounding of a frown.”– William Shakespeare
- “Learn to smile at every situation. See it as an opportunity to prove your strength and ability.”– Joe Brown
- "When I wake up, I smile because I'm alive and ready to succeed" - Raul Perez
If you think your child requires dental braces to correct an alignment issue call (973) 742-4200 to schedule an appointment. ( Orthodontics ext: 21 )
Serving Paterson, NJ, and the surrounding communities, we offer comprehensive oral health services ranging from routine cleanings to emergency treatment. We are committed to creating a warm, welcoming environment to keep all members of the family comfortable in the office.
Find reviews and updates on Facebook, learn more about our practice online, or give us a call (973) 742-4200
Tags: dental health, endorphins, release endorphins, health benefits, bloodstream, mood, relax your body, hapiness, good vibe, boosts heart rate, body stress, strengthen immunity, laughter and smiling, lower risk of cancer, immunoglobulin, mucosal antibody, immune system, kill bacteria, bacteria and viruses, lower blood pressure, smile for success, smiling promotes, upbeat, positive vibes, positive outlook, health article, health tips, smiling health, dentist nj, dentist paterson, dentist passaic, dentist union city, nj dentist, new jersey dentist, smile central dental, scdnj, scd, smile, frown, facial muscles, smiling reduces blood pressure, Smiling Boosts Heart Health, Smiling can lead to work promotions, smiling opens up opportunities, Smiling reduces stress, Smiling releases endorphins, Smiling helps your life span, It's free to smile, smiling facts, smile facts, smile facts benfits, smiling benefits
Posted in Dental Health, Health Info, Health Blog, Health Article, Dental Article, Smiling | No Comments
October 16th, 2019
Many people can testify to feeling great due to smiling on a daily basis. The act of smiling brings quite a few health benefits. Let's explore the benefits!
1. Smiling releases endorphins
Smiling helps us feel good. Studies have shown that endorphins are released into the bloodstream when people smile. These natural chemicals help to elevate your mood and relax your body. Smiling can trick your brain into happiness ... and boost your health. Smiling and activating facial muscles can trick your brain into thinking that you are happy and have been seen by specialists to actually trigger happiness when being stressed or feeling down.
2. Smiling is contagious
Ever find your self smiling because someone else was smiling? It happens a lot more often than you may think, especially when our children smile at us or vice versa.
Smiling is an unconscious and automatic response. Since smiling tends to keep us upbeat even when we were down, it creates a good vibe around you which people tend to gravitate to.
3. Smiling Boosts Heart Health
It helps bring stress levels down. Scientists have tested heart rates and have discovered that smiling reduces body stress.
4. Smile to Strengthen Immunity
Laughter and smiling lower risk of cancer. The studies reveal that the brain secrets immunoglobulin ( mucosal antibody used by the immune system to identify and kill bacteria and viruses) Smiling also lowers your blood pressure.
5. Smile for success
Smiling promotes optimism and vice versa. Smiling has been known to help people be in a better mood and keep people in an upbeat state. This can lead to positive vibes. People who feel positive and act positively, tend to be more successful in all they do.
6. Happiness Adds years to your life. Studies have it that smiling can add 7 years to your life. It takes 46 muscles to frown but only 17 to smile. According to experts, a happy disposition and positive outlook on life can have a powerful impact on health.
Whether you want to trick your brain into happiness or not, smiling proves to be a great way to boosting your health. Let's all a smile as often as we can!
Tags: dental health, smiling, endorphins, release endorphins, health benefits, bloodstream, mood, relax your body, hapiness, good vibe, boosts heart rate, body stress, strengthen immunity, laughter and smiling, lower risk of cancer, immunoglobulin, mucosal antibody, immune system, kill bacteria, bacteria and viruses, lower blood pressure, smile for success, smiling promotes, upbeat, positive vibes, positive outlook, health article, health tips, smiling health, dentist nj, dentist paterson, dentist passaic, dentist union city, nj dentist, new jersey dentist, smile central dental, scdnj, scd
Posted in Dental Tips, Dental Health, Health Info, Health Blog, Health Article, Dental Article | No Comments